I originally saw these floating around on instagram and immediately thought OMG BEST IDEA EVER! My mum’s all time favourite chocolate bar is Cadbury Flake and I just knew she would be all over these. I actually made them a few weeks ago for Eid and they went down a treat with everyone! They are the same size and shape as a flake so perfect for dunking or sharing. Not only do they look like Flakes but they also have crushed flake in them, a somewhat unusual addition to a soft biscuit dough! A quick google search showed me a vague recipe that I tried to quantify for you guys.
250g butter, room temperature (salted or unsalted is fine)
200g icing sugar, sifted
1 large egg
2 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
3 crumbled cadbury flake bars (plus a couple more, if you wish to decorate with them)
400g plain flour
1. Heat an oven to 160FAN and line a couple of baking trays with greaseproof paper. Beat the butter and icing sugar together until almost white and very fluffy.
2. Add the egg and mix.
3. Add the cocoa powder and mix until combined.
4. Add the crumbled flake and follow with the flour until you get a soft dough.
5. Once all the flour is combined into a dough, roll the ball of dough in between two layers of parchment/baking/greaseproof paper until roughly the thickness of a flake bar. Cut into rectangles using a flake bar as a guide. You may want to cut them a little slimmer than the flake as they spread a little in the oven. Make lines across the top with a fork (see image above).
6. Bake for about 12-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and drizzle with melted chocolate. You can then sprinkle more crushed flake over the top, if you wish.
These keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
One thought on “Flake Biscuits”
Thanks for linking to my blog! Many of our members made this delicious recipe and all of them just love it!!