These don’t need much of an introduction. Fudgy, chewy, rich with chunks of cadbury milk chocolate… These are the stick-to-the-roof-of-your-mouth kind of brownies with perfect chewy edges. Also, no mixer and no beating for endless hours! Have I tempted you yet?
So I finally finished my exams this week! *aaaaaand breathe out* and perhaps more excitingly, I reached over 10,000 views on BBH last week! I never thought my little corner of cyberspace would flourish like it has done, but I’m so grateful to everyone who reads, bakes and shares my blog. You guys are the best 🙂 I actually want to do a giveaway to celebrate! Details will be in my next post hopefully!
Makes 8-10 brownies
330g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
175g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
150g cadburys milk chocolate
1) Heat the oven to 170FAN and line a tin with baking parchment and cooking spray. I used an 8” round tin, but feel free to use a square tin
2) Melt the butter and let it cool slightly. Weigh out the flour, cocoa powder and salt and mix in a bowl
3) Add the melted butter to the sugar with vanilla extract and give it a mix
4) Add the eggs and give it another mix
5) Gently fold the dry ingredients in to the wet and the brownie batter will be thick and hold its shape
6) Chop the chocolate in to rough chunks and fold it in to the batter. Pour in to the tin and bake for 35 minutes, the centre will be a bit gooey but if you prefer your brownies more ‘done’ then you can leave them in there for another 5 minutes. Let the brownie cool in the tin and then refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours. I left mine overnight in the fridge before cutting
7) Dust with icing sugar and serve!